Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Rest In Peace

It's been almost 6 years since my dad was killed by Cancer.  I've written several songs about it but scrapped them all before they could really be recorded.  ...until now.  I used a free beat from Rockitpro.com  this song is free.  Enjoy.

download the MP3 here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kquwhnnkygg



CROSSWORM - SEE THE SUN:


close your mind to the people that pry.
but when the lids covered both of your eyes, I had to say goodbye.
it's been a grip of the clock ticking your last days dad
and I know that you had to leave... and I ain't mad.


my only wish is that I exist to be a man
and in the palm of my hands i hold a plan
to escape a mundane fate rotting away and cave in.
I walk the earth, in search of rebirth I may be made in.


made up of iron and steel and a Weatherbie name.
never be cleverly stained by the weather remains.
whatever weather it must be please trust me
I'll never let anybody tarnish me rusty.


you taught me to be tumbleweeds and roll with the breeze
and by the end of your journey you were down on your knees.
a humble man, but no disease could ever take
the love inside of a father and son that cant break


   (both these sections of 4 lines in the chorus occur simulataneously in each speaker.)


    and I know you gotta leave
    but please believe that inside
    I see a lot of you in you me.
    and I know you wanted to stay
    but anyway...I see the sun shinning in a new way


    and I know you gotta leave
    but please believe that inside
    I see a lot of you in you me.
    and I know you wanted to stay
    but anyway...I see the sun lighting up a new day




..you said that secrecy echos the sound of the brokenhearted
until the echo returns, screaming at where it started.
I take the good and the bad when I roll with a punch
and a right hook is a follow up to a bad hunch.


You need to know that I'm safe and sound and now I smile
instead of mugging the world walking the green mile.
my intellect respects ego I keep in check
I still aspire to follow The Great Architect.


close your eyes and you'll see I'm alright
I got a Mom, and Step Dad  both shedding a loving light.
its been a grip of the clock ticking my last days home
and I know that I carry your soul, where I roam.


and When in Rome I can see I belong
and I can reach people in a new song, but you knew all along.
walking the planet is cold lonely and sorta scary.
but you know that its breeze for more than ordinary.





No comments: