Greets friends ! a lot has been happening in 2010 and I cant believe its almost half way through already. I feel like I should have had my new record long finished by now, but there is definitely a good reason why it is not.
My primary project for a long time has actually been my band, "Demerol". Imagine Alternative Rock / Punk but with the gritty sound of Crossworm beats performed live. That's us. For 5 years I have been the drummer / producer and we have been piecing this band together slowly with much care and attention. We are actually based in Los Angeles and the rest of us are in the process of heading out there, where the singer already lives and works.
We are currently finishing our debut album, professionally recorded in Hollywood. The first half of the album was recorded at Morning View Studios in Malibu, the same place where artists such as Incubus and The Black Eyed Peas have recorded, just to name a couple. It's a surreal experience with Demerol, and we are afforded many opportunities that most bands will never in their life achieve. Most of this comes from the hard work, and networking done by myself and especially by the singer, Lukas D who is now an executive in the touring industry with Live Nation / House Of Blues at their branch on Hollywood Blvd. It's really something that we all take very seriously, and are proud of.
Lukas D is the guy who graced Mouth Full of Dirt with his guitar work on tracks like, "Newvolution", "Eyes of the Looking Glass", and my UGH13 single, "Save My Soul".
Basically, I have been back and forth between Hollywood, and Grand Rapids all year. I'm headed back there next week to hopefully finish this Demerol album and begin the next phase of our career which includes a ton of rehearsing, album shopping, and showcasing.
Where does my new solo album Gut Rott fit in? Well as soon as the Demerol record is sent to be mastered I can focus on Gut Rott and hopefully it will see a late 2010 release.
But I can guarantee that if there is Crossworm fans out there that dig other genres of music like Alternative or punk, you'll definitely love what Demerol does. Stay tuned. there is always something in the works.
No comments:
Post a Comment