Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Unborn

When I first started putting together the production for what I believed was Gut Rott, I heard it as less intelligent and more violent and dark sounding. There were some truly dingy elements at work in the production I had created at the time.

But now I find that no matter how much I try to push forward with Gut Rott, it just will NOT let itself be born. It is slowly erasing itself. In it's place is a growing concept record, much more intellectually calculated, and vindictive. I fell like the only way to take the reigns on what I am writing is to form the concept as a womb, and let the record gestate inside of it.

With the help of Menacide, I've recently been able to upgrade my soundbanks and have incorporated a cleaner sound to the production I am now mixing. The new audio is helping me paint a soundscape that is beautifully hideous, cunning, and manipulative. Something else is at play. I'm just letting myself run with it. The white rabbit is losing the race down the hole.

this record will represent my own personal monster... my cain enabled.

No comments: