Monday, April 27, 2009

April Scours Wilt the Flowers

I've made some updates recently and dropped some necessary loot on furthering the Crossworm product. One is the official dot com. I bought a domain and some hosting, and brushed up on my html and graphic skills to whip the site together.

The other is a sound bank update. I just bought a couple packages of over 5500 new drum sounds total. I'm blown away with how much better my production is sounding and I'm currently spending 4 hours a day just on beats for my new album "Gut Rott". Not to mention a few customs people are hiring me for.

I've locked myself away for a while out here in Grand Rapids. I'm putting together some awesome material right now, and I'm writing a lot of new lyrics. By the end of summer I hope to have a huge catalog of songs to carve a tracklist out of. I'm staying offline for a bit, but I'll check once in a while to answer emails.

I started writing my memoirs dating back to 1998 when I started as Crossworm. I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet but it's helping me focus on all the changes that have happened over a decade. It helps clarify where I'm going, as I look at where I've been. It's been an interesting journey and I feel like a brand new one is about to begin.

I recently linked up with Menacide to record a few tracks, including 3 collabs and a new solo Menacide joint. All of which he had me engineer in house. Menacide and I are both locked into our new material and don't plan on surfacing until a huge portion is in the vault. We both seem to have the same policy when it comes to the writing process... Shun the outside world and fall down the rabbit hole for a while. Mack is doing shows and putting work as usual. thirteen percent records is alive and breathing new life into music. 2009 is an exciting year for the creative process.

No comments: